|1.Index referring to the equipment table (Shelf, Slot) (9 bits)
2. Index containing MPHY port number in card.
For OC3 trib 0-3
For TC&ATM If's we also have:
· SAR if. = SAR_FIFO_IF (FE)
· APS FIFO = ASP_FIFO_IF (FF)
Note that these new interfaces have no 'low layers' bellow, i.e. there are no SONET layers on these virtual supports (6 bits).
3. Index containing sub-port number, e.g., 0-3 OC12's in OC48 frame (6 bits).
(2^6-1)-Null (all bits are 1) reserved for NULL interface, NullVCPeerID, etc.
1-OTS'SRC Optical Transmission Section Source (OPA,ADOM,OMDM)
2-OTS-SNK Optical Transmission Section Sink. (OPA,ADOM,OMDM)
3-OMS-SRC Optical Multiplex Section Source (ADOM, OMDM)
4-OMS-SNK Optical Multiplex Section Sink (ADOM, OMDM)
5-OCH Optical Channel (OCM/Trib)
6-SNT-S Sonet Section (OCM/Trib)
7-SNT-L Sonet Line (OCM/Trib)
8-SNT-P Sonet Path (OCM/Trib)
9-TC&ATM C and ATM general cell layer (OCM/Trib)
5. Virtual interface represent a whole protection peer, out of which some members are working and the rest are protecting.
SAR and Egress FIFO are real interfaces (5 bits).