The main goal of WinAgentLog is to collect and translate EventLog messages generated by the Windows EventLog subsystem and forward them to a host running a Syslog server.
WinAgentLog runs as a Microsoft service and can operate on:
- Servers: Windows 2000, Windows 2003 or Windows 2008.
- Workstations: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows Seven.
- It supports hardware architecture Intel x86 both 32 and 64 bits.
Main features of WinAgentLog are:
- It supports both old "Windows EventLog API" and new "Windows Event Logging API" (introduced with Windows Vista).
- Windows EventLog messages are forwarded to the Syslog server in real time.
- WinAgentLog can remember the last Windows EventLog message sent and can restart from this point.
- Changes in the configuration file are automatically detected.
- Content of forwarded Syslog message is highly configurable.
- WinAgentLog is totally free.